People who are managed by great managers feel more satisfaction at work. They also stay with their company longer, making more of a positive impact. However, if you want great managers at your company, you must invest in developing them.
ManagersApp’s Learning Path’s are aimed at helping managers learn how to work effectively with their teams, peers and higher-ups.
IC to Manager Learning Path
There is a big gap in preparation when it comes to moving individual contributors into management roles. These individuals are usually not given any formal training and are expected to learn by trial and error. There is certainly a time and place for learning from experience, but in this case the sink or swim approach hurts new managers’ chances to positively impact their team and company.
The IC to Manager learning path aims to help individuals who are new to managing so they can become effective in their new role as quickly as possible.
Here are some of the key areas learning paths cover:
- Figuring out if a management role is right for you at this time
- What to focus on in your first 90 days in your new role
- New manager FAQs
- Mistakes to avoid as a new manager
- Conducting effective 1:1 meetings
- Evaluating if management is the right path for you
- New Manager book recommendations
Sign up with ManagersApp today to start your journey toward becoming a better manager!